Monday, December 15, 2008

Quick Catchup

It's been several days since I last posted. Mostly, I did not try to keep up while I was traveling to and visiting in California as this was a trip specifically to spend time with my Mom and to visit John Lee. I was pleased to get the opportunity to visit with my lovely granddaughter, my son and Shawntea, Brianna and Aiden while Mom recuperated from our various excursions.

It was an interesting week and I was thrilled to make a new friend in DeVawn, Johnny's home caretaker. I wish she had been around during the many months that I fought to bring my hubby back from his strokes! A positive attitude with a gentle heart and a spirit of joy makes the perfect compliment to her bright mind. Jordon and Janet are so lucky to have found her.

But I am not recovering as quickly as I should from the trip. My stomach still doesn't know what time to get hungry and I want to nap in the middle of the day. I am beginning to wake up at the right time but I still have nightmares about the 2x2 coach space that bounced me through the storm front making it difficult to control my claustrophobia. Or maybe the memory of the airport food is the real nightmare!

Emotionally drained, hurting for those I care about and missing others that I care about; my thoughts don't seem to want to coalesce into the good, and often funny things that I can share.
Soon, the chemical imbalances will level out, the memories of herd travelling will fade and I will have a more holiday-like outlook.

I hope all the preparations for your holiday celebration are going well. Remember a little prayer for me - and lots of prayers for John Lee; my mom, Joan; my son, Greg; Jordon; Janet and Kimberly. I hope the season is filled with joy and peace and the sure knowledge of the Christ whose birth is celebrated.

2 comments:

  1. Just when I thought I was there, I see I'm not here. Anywhere! Not even an honorable mention. Sheesh! What's a girl got to do to get remembered, anyway!?! (And your nephew's name is spelled Jord A n.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps this comment and any replies are best done on private email - which will proceed as soon as I get a handle on my pain and depression - perhaps after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete